Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Double the pleasure, double the fun!

Sometimes, my favorite projects are those with built in inspiration. I love making jewelry to match or reflect something else.

This year for Christmas, I bought my aunt 3 different scarves.
Now, my aunt is a very put-together lady!
She likes to match!

So, I decided I would make her a bracelet to go with each scarf. I took the scarves with me to the store and mixed and matched beads to find just the right combo.
Here are the final products :

#1


#2


#3. 



I love the way they came out, and I really think she will love them!

Now you tell me... do you like to match things, or take direct inspiration? Or do you prefer to be as spontaneous and creative as possible? 
Me? I enjoy both methods. I feel very enthusiastic when I have to make a direct translation from something else into jewelry. It's a challenge, but at the same time, they tend to come together pretty easily. However, I also like to just go crazy and use a bunch of beads that I love, and see where they take me!

2 comments:

  1. oooohhhhh, i love them! You did a superb job matching those scarves!!!!

    This makes me want to take out some of my favorite clothes and try to make matching jewelry! :) I love having a design inspiration and then putting my own spin on it. Like, seeing something in Stringing, and then using beads that I have that are similar, but changed up to my taste :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I hope she likes them! I think she will :-)

    ReplyDelete